We seek a dynamic, energetic, independent, and flexible librarian with youth services public library experience, cutting-edge ideas, creative design, and a unique style, willing to manage experienced staff and work alongside other department managers. We are:
- Looking for a confident self-starter with ambitious, creative ideas and outstanding programming skills for storytimes, toddler, family and baby programs.
- Looking for a skilled selector of both children’s and teen materials for public libraries.
- Looking for a decision maker that will guide the future of the library as an advising leadership team member to the director.
- Seeking an involved liaison looking to spark interest for partnerships with local schools, businesses and non-profits.
- Looking for an informed librarian that is hungry to continue learning through ongoing educational and professional development opportunities offered by both the South Central Library System and other professional organizations.
- Looking for an engaged professional to thoughtfully serve the interests of community leaders, following the completion of our brand new five-year strategic plan.
- Looking for someone to set a forward-thinking tone for Portage—a developing community with a small-town heart and exciting growth potential.
- Looking for someone interested in being supported by a talented and knowledgeable full-time Children’s Assistant, part-time Children’s Circulation Clerk and a Programming Coordinator that is available for back-up assistance, collaborative participation and program support.
The hourly wage is $18-$21. The position is full-time with excellent benefits. Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Direct any questions to Library Director, Debbie Bird: firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is July 31st. Full job description and library organizational chart is available below:
Below, we've included pictures of our library space and an organizational chart outlining the Youth Services Librarian's role.
The Portage Public Library is a member of the South Central Library System (www.scls.info). We are an equal opportunity employer.