February 21st @ 4:00 p.m. Wii Night!
February 25th @ 11:00 a.m. Saturday Matinee - Kubo and the Two Strings
February 28th @ 4:00 p.m., teen movie
March 7th @ 4:00 p.m., Craft (popsicle) stick day. We provide the popsicle sticks and art supplies, you bring your inspiration and make something cool!
If you’re a teenager in grades 6 - 12, or a parent, teacher, or other adult who works with teens, the teen area at Portage Public Library has you covered!
Here is just some of what we offer:
- A cozy teen space to hang out, do homework, play board games, & browse magazines (But, we'd love to have you help us jazz up the place -- we're always looking for artists to submit their work for our communal art wall)
- A contemporary collection that includes all your favorite authors, hot new reads, nonfiction for homework help, audiobooks, graphic novels, & manga.
- Teen Movie Mondays
- Special movie marathon + pizza days!
- Game Nights (Everything from Wii to PS2)
- Writing Contests
- Summer Reading Programs
- Book discussion groups
- Book recommendations when you just need a good read
- Henna Artists
- Ice Cream Socials
- And much, much more
- Always open to good suggestions!